The surgeon explained that the AP Window was the largest that he had ever seen, and that he had only seen 10 in his career. The other repair was more involved because it was totally closed off. Also, he found 3 holes in his Atrium which was not known, so he repaired them. His chest is closed.
He said he should be on ventilator for a couple of days, then on food. He expects him to do well. Said he expects a normal life and that he can play sports, unless he only grows to be 5' 2" "which I can't do anything about"! The kids needed some humor I think.
Julie was racing over to the PICU to see him.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh, I am bawling bawling sobbing for the happiness and relief Julie and Ryan must be feeling right now. Great news!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear it went well!!!
ReplyDeleteYea!!!! I think we all can breath again!! What a blessing and what relief! Sounds like they had an awesome surgeon as well. We will continue to pray for him. But, happy day for Julie and Ryan!
ReplyDelete