Monday, April 6, 2009

Michael and his Continous Continous Feeding!!

This morning we were pretty discouraged. Just a 10ml bottle last evening meant an entire night of bellyache and then finally throwing up this morning. 10ml is only 2 teaspoons. So no bottles, he is hungry tonight, but a much happier boy. He is on 24 hour continuous feeding at a rate of 17 ml per hour. Today the doctor also prescribed another medication. After he got his first dose, he had a great big burp- a dry one, not the small wet ones he has sometimes almost constantly.

If he does not improve as far as being able to speed up feeding, then they will put him back in the hospital for a short stay to run a bunch more tests.

Here is a picture of him watching his music box that Grandma Persson got him for the hospital (he loves music, loves to be sung to)This is this evening. We consider it a big step that he can lay and be content. Had to hold him the entire night last night....

Tomorrow he has his 4 week after-surgery checkup with the surgeon.


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear!! I thought about you guys when I passed Sunnyside (6 times) today to and from the hospital. Wished I could have run up and given you guys a hug, but I understand about keeping the sickies away!! We'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete